Rooster Marsala is simple to make at house and simply nearly as good as any Italian restaurant!
Tender hen breasts are simmered in a creamy mushroom marsala sauce for a meal that’s simple sufficient for a weeknight dinner.
A 30-Minute Meal
Rooster Marsala is from Sicily, with hen breasts simmered in Marsala wine. The wine tenderizes the hen and creates a delicous savory mushroom sauce.
- Fast and Simple: Prepared in half-hour, excellent for a busy weeknight however elegant sufficient for company.
- Restaurant High quality: Skip the hefty restaurant invoice or wait at Olive Backyard; this dish is simple to make at house.
- Easy Substances: Requires only some easy components, with hen, mushrooms, and Marsala wine.
Substances for Rooster Marsala
- Rooster Breasts: Use 4 small, boneless skinless breasts, about 5-6 oz. Pound them to an excellent thickness for fast cooking.
- Flour: Flour is used to present the hen a crisp crust in addition to to thicken the sauce.
- Rooster Broth: Rooster broth or inventory provides taste to the sauce.
- Shallot/Onion: Shallot is added for taste, you should use ¼ cup of onion in place.
- Mushrooms: Mushrooms add a whole lot of taste to the sauce, you should use white or brown mushrooms. Brown have a deeper extra earthy taste.
- Marsala Wine: Marsala wine is a fortified wine originating from Sicily. When buying, select dry Marsala – not candy Marsala. Not solely does it taste the sauce, it additionally has a little bit of acidity to assist tenderize the hen.
Easy methods to Make Rooster Marsala
- Pound hen to an excellent thickness and brown it in a skillet. Put aside per the recipe beneath.
- Cook dinner the onion and mushrooms in butter till tender. Add the remaining sauce components and simmer till thickened.
- Return hen to the pan and cook dinner by way of. Serve over pasta.
Cream just isn’t conventional in a marsala sauce, however it may be added in case you’d like. Change ⅓ cup of hen broth with the identical quantity of heavy cream.
Hold leftover hen marsala in an hermetic container within the fridge for as much as 3 days. Reheat on the stovetop.
Rooster marsala could be frozen for as much as 6 months. Thaw within the fridge in a single day, and reheat the hen and sauce on the stovetop earlier than combining them once more over freshly made pasta.
Did you make this Rooster Marsala Recipe? Remember to go away a score and remark beneath!
Simple Rooster Marsala Recipe
Simple Rooster Marsala is extra scrumptious than any model from an Italian restaurant, and a lot inexpensive too!
Cowl the hen breasts with plastic wrap and use a meat mallet to pound to ¼-inch thick. Season with salt and pepper and dredge in flour.
In a big skillet, preheat the olive oil over medium excessive warmth. Cook dinner the hen in batches, 3-4 minutes per aspect or till cooked by way of. Switch the hen to a plate.
In the identical pan, add 2 tablespoons butter, thyme, and shallot and cook dinner till tender, about 3 minutes. Add the mushrooms and cook dinner till juices are launched, about 5 minutes. Stir in 1½ tablespoons flour and cook dinner for 1 minute extra.
Pour within the Marsala wine and inventory or broth and simmer till thick and bubbly, about 3 minutes.
Add hen again into the pan and simmer for 2-3 minutes or till heated by way of.
Garnish and serve over pasta.
Rooster breasts: In the event that they’re very massive, they are often reduce in half horizontally. Change hen breasts with 8 skinny hen cutlets.
Sauce: A creamier hen Marsala could be made by switching out one-third cup of hen broth for a similar quantity of heavy cream or half & half.
Leftovers: Hold leftover hen marsala refrigerated for as much as 3 days. Reheat on the stovetop.
Energy: 567 | Carbohydrates: 21g | Protein: 52g | Fats: 26g | Saturated Fats: 7g | Polyunsaturated Fats: 3g | Monounsaturated Fats: 13g | Trans Fats: 0.3g | Ldl cholesterol: 161mg | Sodium: 479mg | Potassium: 1106mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 418IU | Vitamin C: 7mg | Calcium: 27mg | Iron: 2mg
Vitamin data supplied is an estimate and can differ primarily based on cooking strategies and types of components used.
© SpendWithPennies.com. Content material and pictures are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is each inspired and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Please view my photo use policy here.