Baked French toast casserole combines one of the best of sunshine, fluffy, and aromatic French toast with the straightforward prep of a baked casserole!
That includes cubed bread baked right into a candy custard with a crispy streusel topping, this French toast bake will likely be a household favourite all 12 months spherical!
- So easy: This in a single day French toast casserole recipe is vacation brunch-worthy however couldn’t be simpler to make on any day of the week!
- Make forward: Prep and bake or prep and chill within the pan overnight- this recipe suits into your schedule! Excellent for lazy weekends and brunch visitors!
- Swap up: Use your personal add-ins and make a brand new scrumptious French toast casserole!
Substances for French Toast Casserole
Bread – A loaf of day-old bread works finest for absorbing the custard combination, so test the bakery for yesterday’s bread. Virtually any sort of bread will work; strive brioche, challah, Texas toast, or French bread.
Custard Combination – A simple egg and cream combination is sweetened with brown sugar and vanilla after which gently tossed with the bread cubes. This combination soaks into the bread, including taste and the proper French toast texture.
Topping – A mixture of melted butter, brown sugar, and chopped pecans provides a candy, crunchy layer. Exchange pecans along with your favourite chopped nuts.
Excellent as a summer season brunch or for Christmas morning breakfast, change the flavour for any event. Add bits of sweetened cream cheese.
- Summer season/Spring – serve with recent berries like strawberries, blueberries, or raspberries.
- Fall – Whisk in some pumpkin puree, pumpkin spice, or mashed banana.
- Winter – Stir in, raisins, egg nog, and dried or recent cranberries.
Easy methods to Make French Toast Casserole
- Put together bread cubes and whisk custard substances collectively till clean per recipe under.
- Pour the custard over the bread cubes, add the topping and relaxation in a single day.
- Within the morning, bake and luxuriate in.
Storing French Toast Bake
Maintain leftover French toast casserole lined within the fridge for as much as 4 days. Reheat parts within the microwave, oven, or air fryer till warmed by way of and the topping is crispy once more.
Did your loved ones love this French Toast Casserole? Depart us a score and a remark under!
French Toast Casserole
This pleasant dish combines traditional flavors of sunshine & fluffy French toast with the benefit of a breakfast casserole!
Dry out the cubed bread by leaving it out for just a few hours or baking in an oven preheated to 350°F for six to eight minutes.
Grease a 9×13 inch baking dish and unfold the bread cubes evenly within the dish.
In a medium bowl, whisk collectively the eggs, half-and-half, milk, brown sugar, vanilla, and cinnamon till properly mixed. Pour the egg combination evenly over the bread.
For the topping, whisk the melted butter and ⅓ cup brown sugar. Stir within the pecans, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Gently spoon the topping over the casserole.
Cowl the casserole dish and permit it to take a seat for a minimum of 1 hour (or as much as 48 hours).
Take away the casserole from the fridge and let it relaxation on the counter whereas the oven preheats to 350°F.
Bake the French toast uncovered for 40 to 50 minutes or till a knife inserted within the middle comes out clear and is scorching.
Serve heat with maple syrup, whipped cream or fruit.
Energy: 417 | Carbohydrates: 58g | Protein: 11g | Fats: 15g | Saturated Fats: 7g | Polyunsaturated Fats: 1g | Monounsaturated Fats: 4g | Trans Fats: 0.2g | Ldl cholesterol: 131mg | Sodium: 443mg | Potassium: 110mg | Fiber: 0.4g | Sugar: 20g | Vitamin A: 527IU | Vitamin C: 0.1mg | Calcium: 59mg | Iron: 3mg
Vitamin data offered is an estimate and can differ primarily based on cooking strategies and types of substances used.
© SpendWithPennies.com. Content material and images are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is each inspired and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Please view my photo use policy here.